Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 11 - Pleasant Flats - Jacob's River

Got up, ate our breakfast of champions (can of creamed rice) and got out of camp before getting eaten by sandflies.

It was a real mix of environments, leaving the hills and forest of Haast and cycling along the coast up a few small hills and into a sleapy little town called Jacob's River.

View from Knight's Point
The cycle today was 135km, which is by furthest distance so far. Whilst my legs are feeling strong other parts of my body are not feeling so robust. I'm a little worried that my knees are going the way of the "Pete", so tomorrow is officially a rest day. The other parts of my body that aren't feeling so good cannot be commented on in a "G" rated blog. If you know what I mean.
Stats:
  • Distance: 135km
  • Time: 6:52:29

3 comments:

  1. You know, after hundreds of years of cycling development you'd think they would come up with a seat that doesn't cause testicular torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim. I can recommend a nice cafe for breakfast just out of Fox Glacier. It is on Lake Mathieson Road about 3 or so kms out of Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    I believe you seek one of these:
    http://www.bikeforest.com/cb/drive_thru_couch1.jpg

    ;)

    ReplyDelete